I have always been the one in the family that has always
been the picky eater and the one whose plate was a lot smaller than everyone
else’s. As a kid, my family still makes fun of me today because of this; I only
ate eggs and hot dogs for every meal and ice cream and hostess cherry pies for
any snack. I have since then hated eggs and learned to tolerate them as long as
they are either deviled, boiled and in a salad, or scrambled with a lot of
cheese. The only time I will come close to a hot dog is if there is Sweet Baby
Rays Barbeque sauce to go on it, and I have a new found love for sherbet that
has kind of taken away from my love for ice cream unless it’s from a parlor.
However, I am still that picky little girl with some things like liver or
chitterlings which almost my entire family loves. I also don’t eat turkey over
the holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas unless it’s deep fried and I don’t eat
ham unless it’s prepared in brown sugar and topped with pineapples and maraschino
cherries. I hate the texture of boxed mashed potatoes and even though I absolutely
love mashed potatoes I can only eat them if they are made from scratch, boiled
and hand mashed. I eat a lot of things I never thought I would like but I am
still very picky with the preparation and ingredients of my meals.
No comments:
Post a Comment