Thursday, July 12, 2012

3 Meals a Day Keeps the Doctor Away


Today I have actually eaten 3 meals, which is a serious rarity for me. For most of my life I have never eaten breakfast because my mom never cooked breakfast and it just rubbed off on me when I began taking care of myself. Not only this but in high school I would eat a very small lunch and then a large late dinner. Throughout my life, as you can tell, I have had some very bad eating habits and this didn’t change once I got to college. Once I got to college I found myself working three jobs while maintaining good grades on a full time class schedule. With this lifestyle my time was also occupied by homework from those classes, finding time to make out a monthly budget followed by tracking my expenses weekly to make sure I stay on track, and trying to have a social life. Because of all of this, I find myself only eating once a day, which is a large dinner usually after 8pm of unhealthy foods. This messed up my metabolism so bad that I managed to gain 40 pounds in 1 year and didn’t even notice. Lately I’ve been trying new dieting techniques and one of them was trying to condition my body into eating breakfast for sure and eventually eating 3 meals a day. Today I had a fruit smoothie and some almonds for breakfast, then a Jimmy John’s sandwich with a pickle for lunch, and I made Salmon Croquette for dinner. Not to mention that I ate all these meals before 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment