I am trying this new thing where I don’t eat beef at all and
only eat pork once a month and it is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done as
far as eating in my entire twenty one years of living. I couldn’t completely
give up red meats because that’s where your body gets its zinc from. My protein
comes from eggs so that’s not a major concern like some people would make it
out to be. My favorite food has always been seafood, but throughout majority of
my life I ate beef and pork and seafood was an occasional meal. However, my
entire diet has flipped and seafood is my everyday meal and pork is on
occasion. This has helped and hurt me so far. It has helped because I have
noticed that my body digests food faster and that it’s easier to drop weight.
However, I have been a lot more sluggish and having a lot less energy since.
Seafood has also made my monthly food budget increase, which is a large factor
in my everyday life as a college student. I put on all this extra weight my
last two years of college because the most unhealthy, fattening foods are the
cheapest and on a strict budget money trumps health many times. I have also had
to budget time and seafood is one of those things that takes time to cook
because it is so easy to overcook it. Overcooked seafood is disgusting to eat
texturally and you can’t eat undercooked seafood without serious risks of
sickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment