Ok so as I’ve mentioned in some of my previous posts I am
originally from Chicago but am attending school in central Illinois. Where my
school is there’s not much to do but eat and boy have I been eating since I got
there. In one year I put on about 30 pounds and didn’t see any of it happening
until it was already done. Ironically enough, at school I tend to control what
I eat and how I eat, which I’ve been doing since I realized the weight gain I
had experienced. However, whenever I come home to Chicago all my hard work gets
put on hold and most of it gets cancelled out with all the different foods I
eat and places I eat at. For the last three weeks I have eaten little beef or
pork which is a huge change in my diet. I came home four days ago and I haven’t
eaten anything but beef and pork. I’m mad at myself for cancelling out all the
hard work I had just begun to do but not really that mad because Chicago restaurants
and I have a very special relationship. I know that when I come home I’ll
probably put on an extra four pounds for every week I stay and when there’s a
holiday an extra 8 pounds. New Orleans is known for their Cajun food, New York
is famous for its cheesecake, Philly for their Cheese Steak Sandwich; Chicago
is known for its Pizza, hot dogs, and Italian Beef sandwiches which shows how
special Chicago food truly is.
No comments:
Post a Comment