This is a snack that I have been eating since I was a kid and that I still eat to this day. I have shared this recipe with my nieces and nephews and they love it as well. Its delicious and a crunchy, salty, and sweet treat that is also pretty healthy in comparison to most snacks.
Step 1:
Preheat your oven at 400°.
Step 2:
Rinse your carrots and peel until only the bare orange color is showing.
Step 3:
Cut the top and pointed tips of the carrots in an angle to create an angled-squared edge.
Step 4:
Cut each carrot in half length wise, and then cut the halves in half length wise to create quarters, if pretty long cut the quarters in half width wise on an angle to produce pieces that resemble the shape and length of the fries at the major fast food restaurants.
Step 5:
In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, and pepper and stir.
Step 6:
Add the fries to the mixture and toss with hands, covers the fries evenly with the mixture.
Step 7:
Place the fries on a lightly greased metal cookie sheet. Spread out as much as possible to ensure crispiness
Step 8:
Bake fries at 400° for 15 minutes on the first side then flip them and bake for another 7-8 minutes. Make sure to check on them periodically to make sure they are not burning.
Take the fries out and serve hot. Taste one and add salt if necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment