Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Family Barbecues


When it comes down to it I am still like a kid when it comes to eating barbeque. I never eat the grown up foods as my family used to call it. When my family makes barbeque they go all out, Ribs, Rib tips, chicken, fish, beef brisket, hot links, Italian sausages, bratwurst, burgers, and hot dogs usually make up the meats of our meals. As for the sides, we usually have potato salad, seafood salad, macaroni salad, regular garden salad, deviled eggs, spaghetti, lasagna, chips, dip, veggie platters, cheese platters, and sometimes even sandwich platters.  We really cook when it comes to holidays like Independence Day and Memorial Day. However, my family can usually find me eating the same things the little kids in our family are eating. I love links, burgers, hot dogs, chips, and cheese. However, I am not a big fan of rib tips, ribs, grilled chicken, all those different types of pasta salads and seafood salads, nor spaghetti. My typical plate will consist of a hot dog or burger, some chips and a few cubes of cheese. I don’t know what it is but unless it’s a T-bone there aren’t meats I enjoy with that grilled taste. Even the ones I do eat have to have its different special instructions. For example, I like my hot dog burnt the blacker the better. Or I love the prepackaged burgers on the grill not the ones made by hand from ground beef. I only eat chips as a side to my meats; otherwise I eat the actual sides by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment