Everyday meals for me consist of a meat and a starch. I know
not the healthiest meal without any vegetables, but it’s a habit that I picked
up from my mom. It’s not that I don’t like vegetables, it’s just that I never
ate them so I never saw them being made and getting a recipe online is more of
a hassle than I want to deal with while trying to cook. If my mom would have
made vegetable consistently throughout my life, not only would it be second
nature to cook them with my every day dinner along with the meats and starches,
but I would also know delicious and creative ways to prepare them. I love broccoli,
however, I can never find a good simple recipe for great fresh broccoli. The
ones I find always includes an extensive lists of herbs that you average
college student would never use in their cooking. Not only that but they give
very vague instructions that tells you what ingredients you need and the method
for cooking it, but never any details, like what type of utensil to cook it in
or an exact time instead of a broad time range like, 20-35 minutes or until…
which tells you very little about how to actually cook it. This business and
blog are created with hopes of eliminating this exact problem, or at least
reducing it. I tried working with broccoli on my own and found that is you boil
them first then season them lightly later you will get an amazing broccoli side
dish. For example, I like my broccoli crunchy so I boil it for 15 minutes in 2
cups of water for each bushel of broccoli. Once they’re cooked I drain the
water and lightly season it with about a tablespoon of garlic powder. Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment