I have always been a “lick the spoon” type of person in the
sense that I love dessert before and after they’re cooked. Or in cases like
cake, I like it more in batter form than in cake form. I love brownies but it’s
something about brownie batter ice cream that I just can’t resist. In the case
of cookies, they are by far my favorite type of solid type of sweet; by solid I
mean between cakes, pies, cookies, rice crispy bars, and everything else that
falls as a sub-category to them. More than often I would go to make cookies and
end up eating most of the dough before I could get them in the oven. However,
recently when I have bought pre-made cookie dough there is a warning label on
it that says you shouldn’t consume raw cookie dough. I don’t know why this is
or where it came from but I’m pretty sure consuming raw cookie dough can’t be
that dangerous seeing as pre-packaged cookie dough ice cream is being sold by
many different companies, in many different stores across the world with no
warning label on them. Also cookie dough is still being used as an ingredient
at ice cream parlors such as Cold Stone Creamery and Dairy Queen, which means
they must not see a danger in consuming it either. I thought that maybe it was
just the brand of cookie dough I bought that time but recently I’ve noticed
that Pillsbury and Toll House both have these labels on it. I got nervous so I started searching for more
established blogs on the topic. The first one I found was http://www.ireallylikefood.com/743744366/is-eating-raw-cookie-dough-really-that-bad-for-you/ which showed that she had the same concern as me. After reading her blog post
and the comments it received I was reassured that it can’t be that bad. Check it out and see what conclusions you draw from them. As for me, after my reassurance I
searched for more blogs on cookie dough and found these two amazing recipes I
can’t wait to try at: http://www.the-baker-chick.com/2012/06/salted-caramel-cookie-dough-truffles.html
and http://mykitchenadventures1.blogspot.com/2012/05/cookbook-reveiw-cookie-dough-lovers.html. ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment