My experience with food is a unique one, in the sense that,
food is more than just nourishment for me. I may not eat everything but over
the years I have come to eat some “not so typical” things. Food to me is an
adventure because there are so many things you can explore and discover about
each piece of food that exists. Discover new ways to cook it, which spices are
best with it, how to transform it from its natural state, what to cook with it,
which ways to highlight its natural flavors; are all things I love to consider
when I think about food. Not only that, but for myself, it’s like a good math
problem (yes I like math), there are different components to the formula that
you have to figure out then there’s different functions you must perform to
those components, and finally you must find the correct combination of
everything to get the correct answer. While this is a lot of work, once you get
the correct solution the accomplishment is more than rewarding. In this case
the actual food (meat, starch, vegetable, etc.) is the components, and find the
right combination of foods that blend well together is the first task. Then,
finding the right seasonings for the food components and the right form of
cooking it, which would be the functions, is the second step to this math
problem. Finally, cooking it for the correct amount of time and using any
garnish or topping to top off the dish is the final step. Once you taste the
delicious creation you have made the result is not only satisfying but also
gratifying.
No comments:
Post a Comment