Every time I want a filling snack that is not super fattening
I can always depend on some type of nuts to hold me over. I am not a big
breakfast eater at all and because of this my metabolism has slowed down
tremendously. I found a solution to my problem with nuts. I either grab a large
bag of almonds or trail mix, depending on if I have a sweet tooth or not, and
the usually satisfies my hunger. Nuts, especially almonds are packed with fiber,
which is an amazing component to help burn fat, so the calorie from fat are
more so cancelled out by the good affects of the fiber. I love trail mix,
specifically the fruit and nuts kind, because it’s a super healthy salty and
sweet snack. I mean really, who doesn’t love salty sweet snacks? My favorite combination
contains the almonds and raisins together, then in some of the bites add in a
few sunflower seeds. I think this love for nuts came from my younger days with
my step-father. Every day when he would come get me from the babysitter after he
got off work, we would take the same route. At this same intersection every day,
a nice older lady would sell peanuts and newspapers. Every day he would buy a
newspaper and bag of peanuts, there came a point where she would have our order
waiting for us when we pulled up and he would have her money ready. I would eat
half the bag of nuts before we made it home. Then he would go to the store and
grab a can of mixed nuts, which I would finish in three days tops.
No comments:
Post a Comment