Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Food for today.


It is a High of 90 degrees today where I live. On super hot days like this the last thing I want to do is add more heat to the equation by using a stove or an oven. Today is all about cold food and microwave and toaster ovens. Normally on Saturday morning I get up and cook a whole breakfast, Bacon, Eggs, Pancakes, Oatmeal etc., but because of the heat, today I had some nice chilled apple slices, a chilled mango, and some cereal with cold milk. Good ideas for snacks in hot weather like this are things like Lunchables or crackers and cream cheese. When I was younger my mom would buy Hoagie Loaves, buy several different lunch meats (ham, turkey, roast beef etc.), and several different types of cheeses (American, Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone), and the pre-made herb sandwich vinaigrette, along with all other sandwich toppings and set up a little sandwich making counter for our lunches. This is a great way to not only customize a great meal, but you’re saving money because you don’t need to use your stove. This is a great Idea for lunch or dinner and it feeds a lot of people for little money. For dinner another nice cool meal that I tend to enjoy is a salad. I like customizable meals, if you can’t tell and salads allow me to do so much to it. I can rarely eat a salad without chicken in it which can present a problem when trying not to use your stove. However, Oscar Meyer makes these pre-cooked Deli Fresh Chicken Breast Slices that come in several different seasonings and are refrigerated not frozen so you can toss them right in your salad, no preparation needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment