Every time I come home, I have to have my mom throw me a
t-bone and a baked potato on the grill. I have never had a t-bone as good as hers;
she has tricks that she won't even tell me when cooking them. She never thaws
it in cold water like some people do, she lets it naturally thaw which
apparently helps it contain juices. I’ve never watched her season them because
she wakes up early in the morning and season them so that they can have a few
hours to marinate and absorb the flavors. Then she uses Kingsfords charcoal and
lightening fluid to start the fire. Before she seasons the meet she puts some
hickory wood chips in some water to soak and uses them as well in the grill. I
don't know if it's the hickory wood chips or the seasonings she used or the
amount of time she lets the meat absorb those seasonings but whatever it is
makes for an amazing steak. I have gone to several steakhouses, which
originally had me thinking I didn't like steak, but after tasting my mom's I
love steak. I love potatoes in every form. My favorite is baked potatoes
because you can add all the toppings you want right in the slit. I really
believe cooking it with the skin still on also adds flavor to it. However, it’s
something about the smoke from the grill that makes a baked potato so much better.
Putting the two together makes one delicious comfortable meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment