Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sharks Fish and Chicken shack


In Chicago, there is a restaurant by the name of Sharks that has found a secret ingredient that makes all fried foods just that much better. After they fry the foods right before they send it out to you they sprinkle lemon pepper over them. This one small seasoning has such a huge impact on the flavor, and in some odd way, the overall quality of the food. Today I ate at sharks and it was far from disappointing, as a matter of fact it was probably better than I remember it. I ordered their combo which gives you the option of picking two or three items from a list of: 2 pieces of catfish, 2 pieces of perch, 4 wings, and chicken tenders. I got the two item combo with the two pieces of fried catfish and the 4 chicken wings along with a side of fried okra. Everything was prepared and dropped in the grease once I ordered which is unlike a lot of restaurants that pre-fry your food to provide fast service. My meal also included fries, bread and coleslaw and came out to $12 and some change. My first bite into the chicken was amazing because it was crunchy and juicy and warm and flavorful all at the same time. The fish taste so fresh and was also fried to a perfect golden brown crispy texture. Usually they only put the lemon pepper on the meats and fries but they also put it on my okra this time. That one extra ingredient has probably made that the best fried okra I have ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment