Growing up in Chicago, one of my favorite past times was
spending the day downtown. Walking the magnificent mile, shopping a little bit,
take a trip to the top of the Sears Towers (as it was known back then), and
after doing all of this working up an appetite and dining at one of the many
amazing restaurants. For years I would go see a movie at the AMC in the 600 N.
Michigan building and on the way up pass the vibrant, colorful, musical place
called Heaven on Seven. At that age I had no idea what neither Mardi Gras nor
New Orleans was. Three years ago I finally decided to check out this New
Orleans, Mardi Gras themed restaurant and I have to eat there every time I’m in
town since. I always eat at the one on Rush, which is the same one I used to
pass on my way up the escalator to the theatre, because it truly gives off a
feel like the one I had when I went to New Orleans during Mardi Gras. The
restaurant, as a whole, receives a rating of 4 out of 5 for me. The theme is
consistent, the food is delicious, the servers are nice, and even their
alcoholic beverages are Mardi Gras themed. The only problem is that so of the
bus boys speak little English because they’re native language is Creole. This
restaurant is perfect for anyone who lives in or visits Chicago and likes to
eat at a restaurant that isn’t like many other ones in the city. The crab
cakes, catfish platter, soft shell crab and fried crawfish po’ boys, and
crawfish etouffee are my favorite dishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment